The California Department of Education is monitoring the 2019 novel coronavirus (COVID-19) situation and working closely with agency partners. Local Educational Agencies (LEAs) are encouraged to follow the California Department of Public Health (CDPH) recommendations. LEAs should identify plans for communicating with families and consider learning supports for possible school closures.
Here are some basic protective measures you can take:
- Wash hands frequently: Make sure to regularly and thoroughly wash your hands or use an alcohol-based hand rub.
- Maintain social distance: Keep at least 3 feet distance between yourself and anyone who is coughing or sneezing.
- Avoid touching eyes, nose, and mouth: Your hands touch many surfaces and can pick up the virus.
- Practice respiratory hygiene: If you sneeze or cough, cover your mouth with your elbow bent or with a tissue.
- Seek medical care early: Stay home if you feel ill. If you experience fever, cough, or difficult breathing seek medical attention immediately.
- Stay informed: Do not get caught in the hysteria. There are a lot of credible sources that you should be referring to.
To read more visit The World Health Organization website.